Thursday, December 18, 2008

Spokane is like a Ghost Town...

Today is the most snow I have ever seen in all of my 28 years. I can not even describe in words how unreal today is. Yesterday we got quite a bit of snow - below is a photo I took last night around 9 o'clock. I took the photo because I just couldn't believe how much snow there was!
This morning, when I woke up I gasped at how much snow I saw. The photo I took below was at 6 o'clock this morning. The same cars are in the shot, it's weird to see how much more piled up overnight.
So far since yesterday we have gotten 20 inches of snow in the Spokane area. That is a LOT of snow! Everything in Spokane is closed. All schools are cancelled, all bus routes are cancelled, all flights at the airport are cancelled, the hospitals have called and said that all non-emergency surgeries are cancelled, garbage pickup is cancelled, and the police have stated that if you do not have an emergency, you must not leave your house. It's a good thing, because I don't think I could leave if I wanted to! I have watched 3 people try to get their cars out of the parking lot, and all of them have become stuck. On the news they are saying that this is the biggest snowstorm since 1968. Oh, and did I mention that it's still snowing? Yes, it is. Were supposed to get more snow today and then another storm is supposed to hit on Sunday. I'm scared!!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

HOLY CRAP!!! That is totally scary! I hope that you'll survive the big snowstorm and thank goodness they were smart enough to close everything down. Good luck up there.