Monday, December 15, 2008

Brrrrr.....

It has been bitterly cold here the last couple of days, but when I turned on the 6:00pm news tonight and saw the future weather forecast I about fainted. I had to snap a picture of what I saw on the screen - words just wouldn't have explained it. Did you gasp as I did when I saw it? Yes, you are seeing that correctly. Saturday's high is 2, and the low is -16 degrees!?!?! I think I'll be staying home that day huddled in a ball with my electric blanket.

The photo above is grainy and hard to make out, (cell phone camera) but I was trying to capture the ice skating rink that is my parking lot. All of that shine is pure ice. And it's been there since Friday. I don't think it's going anywhere soon, so I better get used to skating instead of walking.

Is it July yet??? :)

1 comment:

Lisa said...

It's getting the same down in Texas! I love it but only if I don't have to go outside and drive around. Don't get frozen up there!