I really loooove living alone. There's something satisfying about knowing that all the mess is my mess, all the laundry is my laundry, and I can clean it up whenever I want to. I only answer to myself, and no one knows if I leave the dishes in the sink overnight or don't take the trash out right away. I love coming home from work, changing into my pj's, eating something ridiculous (like Doritos or Oreos - or both) for dinner, and watching reality TV all night.
In only 21 more days, my living arrangements and my life will change forever. I've been trying to mentally gear up for it for some time now.
To me part of getting married means I have to be responsible and cook dinner, do chores, and share the TV - all in one night! Sometimes on Saturdays I don't even get out of my pajamas all day - I can't do that anymore because I'm too embarrassed to have Shawn see me sloughing off so much! Will he think I'm lazy? I'm scared!
I know marriage will be wonderful and I'm SO excited to start that chapter of my life, but I never thought that living with another person would be my biggest fear going into marriage. I'm curious to see if after the first couple months I'm hanging out in my pj's all day on Saturday. :)
2 comments:
Don't worry, Carm...you'll soon find that staying in your pj's all day saturdays is even better with shawn around :)
Oh Carm, you crack me up. I'm pretty sure Shawn loves you for who you are. He's not going to care if you stay in you PJ's all day (unless maybe you're going out somewhere). That is what makes marriage so wonderful. You love each other despite the imperfections.
Post a Comment