Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Pink Ice

Saturday night's hockey game was a benefit for breast cancer, so there was lots of pink going on. I love pink, so it was SO much fun for me!! They tinted the ice pink, sold pink t-shirts benefiting the Susan Komen Foundation, gave away pink ribbons, and the players used pink athletic tape on themselves and their hockey sticks. They also had all sorts of giveaways. The game was brutal - we played against our arch rivals the Tri-Cities Americans - and lost. There was also the most fights that I've seen in a hockey game. By the end of the night, both teams only had 2 players on the bench because everyone else had been kicked out for "game misconduct". Unreal! It was almost too brutal to watch!

Anyway, here is a photo of Ellie and I in our matching pink Memorial Cup Champion breast cancer awareness t-shirts.
Shawn wouldn't wear a pink shirt, but he did get in the spirit by sporting a pink ribbon.

No comments: