Thursday, October 9, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!

I celebrated my 28th birthday the other day. I'm starting to feel old as I slowly approach my thirties. What happens to all the time???

I went to work and was surprised by my desk being decorated and a luxurious chocolate cake. A bunch of friends and I went out to lunch, and it was a pretty good day. And to top it all off I didn't have any meetings at work that day! Now that was a great birthday present!
After work, Shawn cooked me some amazing salmon for dinner. He also made rice as a side in my brand new rice cooker! Yay! (For those who remember my blog post about the burnt rice, you'll know how excited I was to receive this gift.) Shawn even baked me a cake and sang to me for my birthday! It was so great.

4 comments:

Rushell said...

Glad you had a great day! I thought about you all day hoping I would have my baby to share the special day with you!

creative kate said...

hey you. i must tell you....brian and i were laying in bed the other night and he said" i called carmen today" "really? how is she, whats up"

"it's her birthday....carmen is 28. carmen. carmen is 28"

your big bro seemed astonished. i think he was more astonished because if you are almost 30 than 40 is around the corner for him! hehehee

happy bday you!

Lisa said...

Happy birthday Carmen!! Glad it was a great day!

Tara and Orlando said...

Happy Birthday Carm! I thought about you that day too. Sorry I didn't get a chance to send you an e-card. I'm glad it was a good birthday. I love Salmon and rice!