Friday, October 3, 2008

Happy Birthday to Ellie!

Ellie's 14th birthday was last week. It's hard to believe that she's getting so old! Her birthday was on Tuesday, but we had a party for her on Saturday. At the party we had all family and friends over, barbecued, and had a good time. It was a gorgeous warm day, so we definitely lucked out. Ellie's mom made her a hockey cake, and it was perfect for Ellie. She just loved it. Here she is blowing out her candles. Her dad and I bought her a new bike. I wish I could say she was surprised, but she told her mom like two days before her birthday, "I'm pretty sure I'm getting a bike for my birthday." Oh well, at least she loved it! After the party, we took 7 of Elle's friends to a hockey game. (That was quite ambitious of Shawn and I.) It was actually really fun, and I'm pretty sure Ellie had a great birthday.

No comments: