Friday, July 18, 2008

Burnt Rice

So, I have no idea what my problem is, but I can not cook rice! I usually make so much that it boils over and makes a mess all over the stove. But, the other day I was making rice for a dinner for Shawn. I thought I smelled something burning, but it was hard to tell because the other thing I was cooking was really garlicky so that was all I could smell. So, I just let the rice "cook". For 15 more minutes... Turns out I was right, and there was something burning. It was the rice. I took the lid off and it was black all the way through. Shawn immediately said, "Well, I think you ruined that pan!" I was super bummed because I love that pan and use it all the time. I still don't know if I ruined it or not. I scrubbed it a lot, but I'm going to give it a round or two in the dishwasher and see if that does the trick. I think I need a rice cooker...

4 comments:

Saine said...

Carm,

I can't took rice either but I love my rice cooker because it does a wonderful job cooking it. Just buy a rice cooker they only cost like 30 bucks and you put the rice and water in and leave it there and when you come back it is ready!!! Wonderful.

Tara and Orlando said...

Seriously, a rice cooker does wonders. I have no idea how people cook rice without one.

Rushell said...

I LOVE my rice cooker. It's an Aroma, got it at Costco. Don't know how to cook rice without it.

wendy_d23 said...

I have to agree with everyone, rice cookers are the way to go, perfect every time. Though mine just broke so I have gone back to the stove and have actually had some success for the first time in my life. But I am planning on buying another rice cooker!