Sunday, March 20, 2011

Baby Shower

Last Saturday my friends Andrea and Leslie threw me an awesome baby shower, and about 25 guests came!  It was a really fun time.  They did such a great job with all of the cute little details.  Here is a photo of the cookie favors that everyone went home with - there were bottle shapes, teddy bears, and little baby buggies.  I love sugar cookies, and these were so tasty and cute!
Here is a photo of the yummy mints my friends made, there were quite a few leftover and I've eaten more than my fair share over the last week.
 Here is a photo of the cake, it was tasty too... but I was so busy chatting that I only ate about one bite of it.
 Here I am showing off the balloons, cake, and my growing bump.
 We played a few games, one where everyone had to guess how big my belly was around by cutting of a piece of string and then measuring it next to the real thing.  I'm making sure everyone has a clear view of the belly, but I don't think anyone under-guessed, there were A LOT of really long strings people had cut. 

 Next we spent time opening gifts. There were so many of them - I feel so loved to have gotten so many useful things.  In one day Shawn and I went from having no clothes or blankets to having enough to make the little guy comfortable.  We are finally feeling ready for our baby to join us!  Here a a few pics of some of the gifts.
This bib was pretty cute since I'll be having a half Irish baby.  But I'm sure he won't be short of getting people to kiss him.
 I think I'll be nose deep into this book (What To Expect During the First Year) for a while.
 My grandma sent over this SUPER cute Mariners outfit.  I'm a huge fan of the team, and can't wait until he can wear this to his first Mariner's game (hopefully this summer). 

1 comment:

Julie said...

Looks like a fun time! I wish I could have been there! Be there soon, though!!