I went to the doctor today for a normal prenatal check-up (I'm 34 weeks and 6 days). The doc was doing his normal routine of blood pressure, listening to baby's heartbeat, and answering my prepared list of questions. Then he checked to see if I was dilated - I am dilated to 2 centimeters!!! Whoa, where did that come from?
He let me know that we really need to do our best to make it to at least 36 weeks, so I would need to "take it easy and be real careful" until he sees me next week because he doesn't want me progressing any more. I'm not exactly sure what he meant about taking it easy and being careful, but Shawn has pretty much banished me to the couch.
The 2 cm number definitely scared us a little - tonight I'm finishing packing my hospital bag and Shawn is currently installing the car seat. Now if we could only come up with a name...
4 comments:
I still haven't packed my bag! I always sit at 3-5cm for 2-4 weeks though, so I have realized it doesn't mean much. Hope you can make it a few more weeks though so he can cook longer :)
Yeah...to the couch you go! Can't wait to get over there so we can see you guys!
Oh Wendy, that's good to hear! I've been freaking out that he's like coming within the next week! I reeeeeeally want to make it until at least April.
YES! Take it easy, don't want any problems! So excited for y'all!
Post a Comment