Sunday, March 7, 2010

Pre-Wedding Time in Maui

Before we got married in Hawaii, we had a couple of days to enjoy the island with our friends and family, so here are a few photos from those days.

First up, here is a shot of the three of us on the airplane. The flight felt like it took 12 hours instead of 6 - we were SO bored! But at least the photo turned out cute. Here's the view from out of our hotel room. Gorgeous. I definitely wish I was back there right now. We didn't waste any time and walked along the beach right after we checked into our hotel room. I just love this photo of cute little Ellie.We also got to enjoy a whale watching cruise while we were there. We saw like 30 whales. Some were jumping out of the water, some were just rolling over, and some just poked their heads out of the water. Here's a photo I got of a whale rolling over showing off their fins. It was amazing to see how huge the whales really were. I got to take surfing lessons with my friends Melissa and Andrea. The day was horrible weather and the instructors kept warning us that "because of the conditions" it would be really hard to learn that day. Not what every beginner wants to hear, but we were brave and decided that we'd only be there once so we did it. It was extremely windy and very difficult to paddle because the waves and wind were blowing against us. But it was totally a blast and all three of us were able to get up and ride several waves. I really want to try it again someday!We had a chance to take a ride in my parents convertible and took like true tourists.Here we are getting our marriage license. The night before our wedding we had a dinner for everyone to come together and meet before the big day. I was a nervous wreck throughout the whole meal and couldn't relax and enjoy it. Now I regret being so anxious, but at least I was freaking out that day instead of the wedding day.

Here's a photo of my mom, my aunt Helen (looking at a different camera), and my grandma Beth.
Here's a shot of Shawn and I at dinner. Our last non-married photo together!

1 comment:

The Jensen Family said...

Glad you got to have some fun and enjoy with family and friends before the big day.