I can still remember each sunrise I've seen (there's only been a handful of them). The most memorable sunrise I remember was on a road trip with friends driving from Washington DC to Austin - we took shifts driving so that we wouldn't have to stop, and I was the lucky one who got the late-night/early morning shift. I remember driving through Kentucky when the sun came up against the Blue Mountains - it was one of the most beautiful things I'd ever seen and literally brought tears to my eyes. I was the only one awake in the car; it was so quiet and peaceful - there was no one else to be seen.
I had to work the early shift (6:30am) last week, and it was perfect timing that I got to see the sunrise each morning. Monday morning as I watched the sun come up, it reminded me of the others I'd seen and how special they seem to be. Here's a photo I snapped of the glorious morning sun.
1 comment:
I love sunrises too! That is one plus about the paper route; we get to see it everymorning! There have been some AMAZING ones!!! :)
Post a Comment