Shawn and I had the opportunity last weekend to take a much needed mini vacation over to Seattle to visit my parents and also to visit Ken
Griffey Jr. (We went to a Mariners game). Our seats were amazing, and the first thing I noticed when I sat down was how close to
Griffey - I mean the dugout - we were. Look at the photo below! That's really him, not a fan with a jersey on!

It was a great night for a ball game; the weather was warm and calm. We didn't even need the sweatshirts we all brought!
Yay!

Here's a photo I took of
Griffey at bat. Kinda looks like he's hitting an amazing home run, but it was actually a pop fly out. :( Oh well, still makes for a cool photo!

And here's Shawn and I at the game. We had a lot of fun, and it was so nice for my parents to take us.

Also while visiting the parents, we took a full day and went up to the Olympic National Forest to explore around Hurricane Ridge.

We decided to go on the Hurricane Hill hike, but none of us really realized how much of a hike it was going to be. We thought it was going to be more like a walk! It was really steep, but we made it to the top. The view was really cool - we could see all the way to Canada! Here's a photo of Mom and Dad just as we started out on the walk/hike.

Here is Dad and Shawn at the top checking out all of the sights and different mountains through the
binoculars.

Check out those mountains! We were so high up that we were at the same level as them! Wow!

Here we are back down at the bottom after surviving our hike with the
Hurricane Hill sign.

My mom quickly realized that the sign shouldn't say "Hurricane Hill", it should say "Hurricane Hell". So here I am with the revised sign.

2 comments:
Awesome! I am so hoping that Griffey stays at least one more season so we can see him play. No vacations for us this year! :( You had awesome seats too!:)
WOW! Those were great seats! I am sooooo jealous. They were out of town the whole time we were there! :(
Post a Comment