Sunday, July 12, 2009

Finally, 4th Pics

I don't know why I still haven't posted photos from our 4th of July at the lake. I guess I just keep forgetting. We had a great time; the weather was just perfect. Shawn gives this day two thumbs up! Here we are right after eating dinner and my delicious apple pie. We're waiting for the evening festivities to begin. At Deer Lake one of the 4th of July traditions is the boat parade. You decorate up your boat and parade around the lake! It was kind of funny and cute all at the same time. We got a beautiful sunset!And then my favorite part, the fireworks!! They were really cool this year. The main show went off, and then people all over the lake lit off tons of their own. It went on for hours, and we just sat out on the deck watching.

2 comments:

Jon and Maryanne said...

cool pic of the firework! Love the new background! :) Its about time! :)

Carmen said...

LOL Maryanne, I actually thought of you as I changed it. :) I know you've been waiting a while...