Look Ma! I did it!!!
My grandma Walton makes the BEST German Chocolate cake. All throughout my younger years, she would make this cake for various birthday celebrations and family gatherings, and it very quickly became my favorite cake ever. My mother and both of her sisters have tried to make this cake numerous times, only to have it sink in the middle. It has never turned out for any of them. We all just figured that my grandma just had some special trick she did even though she kept telling everyone, "I don't do anything special, I just follow the recipe!"Since I love the cake so much, I decided that I should try to make the ill fated cake. Today was my day. I followed the recipe exactly like it read, and was very nervous at the outcome. Well..... IT DIDN'T SINK IN THE MIDDLE!!! This thing is as high as could be!!! I was just beaming!!! I keep looking at it, admiring it, and smiling. I am so proud!!!
Yummm it's so good; I'm gonna eat the whole cake. Did I mention that I'm just beaming??? :)
3 comments:
WOO-HOO!! Go Carmen!!
Wow Carm, that looks sooo yummy. Makes me wish you were my roommate, we could craft and cook all the time. Maybe when we are old!
Carmen - Please send me the recipe STAT! I so want to make this this weekend. Please send!
Post a Comment