Monday, January 28, 2008

12 Inches!!!

It snowed so much yesterday that they cancelled school today. Now, most of my friends who were born and raised in Seattle may think that it is not that big of a deal when school gets cancelled, but here in Spokane the last time they cancelled snow was November of 1996. WOW, that's a long time! Man, I've really learned that these Spokanites are real troopers! Just goes to show how dissapointed I was the first year I lived here and realized that I couldn't "call in sick" to work just because it snowed an inch.

Anyway, between Saturday afternoon and Sunday evening it snowed about 12 inches here. I didn't go anywhere during that time period. The snow was up to the bottom of the car, so my hero Shawn had to come over and get my car out. I was literally stuck in a hole and about one inch away from high-centering. It took him a good 10 rocks back and forth, but he finally got me out. I don't know what I would have done without him! Except maybe I would have been able to "call in sick" to work...




Here's a photo of the plow pile outside of Shawn's house. Check out how deep that is!!!

1 comment:

Tara and Orlando said...

Boy am I glad I'm still a Seattlite. I'll take the rain any day over snow that doesn't go away.
Good luck!