Sunday, November 22, 2009

Extras from Pirates of the Caribbean?

Shawn and I used the first tiny bit of the spa gift certificate that we won at the Diamond Dash to try out body bronzing this weekend. We potentially wanted to use it before we took off to Maui to get married, but wanted to make sure that we liked it before we used it days before the wedding.

The bronzing process was not the spray kind, it was lotion that was put on kind of massage style after being exfoliated. It was relaxing and I was feeling like a Caribbean Queen when I came out of our room and saw Shawn looking super bronzed. We both looked at each other and kind of went "Whoa". No biggie though, we were feeling good so we went out to dinner, went to the mall, and then to the grocery store.

We got back to my apartment and Shawn went to the bathroom. He came out and said, "Uh, why didn't you tell me I looked like an idiot?" I said, "Well, I didn't think you did, but now that I see you in the bright lights, maybe it does look a little like shoe polish!" We were both laughing so hard we were crying - we looked like total fools! I said that we looked like extras from a Pirates of the Caribbean movie - see for yourself - here's a photo!!! The ladies at the spa told us that this look was totally normal, and that the brown streaky stuff would wash off in the shower and leave us nice and bronzy. So don't worry, we don't look like this today.

6 comments:

Tara and Orlando said...

So does it look normal now? Do you like it and plan on doing it before the wedding?

Carmen said...

Hi Tara,
It looks totally normal now, you can't even really tell that it was done. I can't decide if I want to do it before the wedding or not... they said it works best if you do it a few times so that the tan can build up, and I don't know if I want to spend that much money on it. :)

Rushell said...

Oh my gosh! I am laughing so hard I am about to pee my pants! That is soooo funny. I can't believe you went to all those places. Maybe no one noticed? ;) Glad everything is back to normal now.

By the way your wedding count down is totally freaking me out. I had to go get a gym membership so I can go everyday it is freaking me out so much! Im not ready!

Carmen said...

Ummm... you're freaking out??? Join the party, baby. :)

Anonymous said...

come on carm...i want an update..something holidayish maybe?!

Anonymous said...

come on carm...i want an update..something holidayish maybe?!