Last Thursday I went to the dentist for a routine filling. Ever since then, my jaw had been really hurting! I thought it was just fatigue from having my mouth open for a while for the filling, and I just kept waiting for the pain to go away. The pain never went away, and it even kept getting worse! Finally yesterday morning, the pain in my jaw was so bad that I couldn't chew on anything, nor could I open or close my mouth very far. I called my dentist office and asked them what I should do about the pain, and they recommended I come in so my dentist could look at it.
When I got there, my dentist looked at it, listened to my complaints and gave me a diagnosis. My jaw was dislocated!!! Are you kidding me? I had been walking around with a dislocated jaw for a week?!?! He said that sometimes when you're sitting in a dental chair for a while with your mouth open, your jaw just kind of slips out of place! He grabbed it, popped it back in, and I was out of there in no time.
I feel great today! I guess that must have done the trick because I feel like a new woman. I've been eating everything in sight just because I can!
No comments:
Post a Comment