Friday, August 15, 2008

It's a Wonderful Life

Yesterday evening Shawn and I went for a bike ride. Often times we will go for an ride in the evening, but for some reason this one felt different. I found myself really soaking up the world around me.

It was a beautiful evening. It had been a very warm day, so when we went riding it was still in the upper 80's. The air was warm and there was not a cloud in the sky. Shawn and I rode around some neighborhoods and saw some new construction going on, so we stopped for a bit and walked in one of the homes that was almost done. We also rode by a park, so we stopped and took a ride on the swings. I haven't been on the swings forever, and it was so much fun! We were just laughing and trying to see who could swing higher. (Shawn beat me). Just as we finished our ride the moon was coming up. It was a huge full moon, and it seemed so bright and big. It looked like something out of a movie. When we got back to his house we parked our bikes and sat on the porch steps of Shawn's house and talked until it was dark.

It was a very ordinary evening, but it felt extraordinary. I had such great company to be with, such a beautiful world to see, and my health to be thankful for. I hope I never take for granted the ordinary days of life. Sometimes, those are the most special.

1 comment:

creative kate said...

hey chickie guess who can finally leave messages on blogger.

i know i left you an email on this already, but i am so pleased to see that you totally "get it"